Wednesday, September 2, 2009

DANUBE RIVER TRIP


P-day was a beautiful day, just right for a little river trip.  We drove to Kelheim which was about 1 1/2 hours away.  The city looks like a visit for another day.  We decided to take the boat trip up the Danube river.  The Danube runs through 3 or 4 countries.  It wasn't a long trip, maybe 45 minutes up and 20 minutes back.  The river ran through a beautiful gorge and ended up at an old Monastery.  The present buildings were built in the 1700's.  They had a beautiful church there; however, the big attraction was the beer garden they had there.  They are famous for their dark beer coming from the oldest monasatic brewery in the world.  (Everything is about beer here.) 
Everything looks lovely doesn't it?

Where are all the beautiful pictures of the river trip and monastery you ask?

Well,  I have another camera story.

Right after I took that picture of Brian sitting on the boat, a pesty bee attacked me.  It kept bothering me and I kept trying to shoo it away.  My camera was attached to the wrist strap which was attached to my wrist.  In my efforts to get the bee away, I swatted at the bee with the hand which has the camera.  The camera flew off  my hand and sailed across the boat and landed up with a thud on the other side.  Right, you guessed it.  It didn't work.! 


 Does it seem possible that I have lost or destroyed three cameras in the last few months?  I realize I don't deserve even a disposable camera at this point, but my loving husband let me buy the cheapest digital camera in the PX, so I am now waiting for the next adventure.  What can that be!.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

You have had the worst luck with cameras! I am glad you were able to snap the shot of Brian before the bee attacked. It really does look lovely.

Shareen said...

Oh Mom. You really need to start buying everything with American Express. Here's a link to their buyer protection program: https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/benefits/includes/pdf/purchaseProtection2003.pdf
For 90 days they'll refund your money, even if stolen or accidently broken.
I'm glad you were able to get a new camera.

Julia Kelly said...

I'm sorry but I had to laugh when I read about the camera...even though I know it isn't funny.

I had an a little accident the other day when it was Loraya's first day of school. I lost my balance, fell off the cement stairs and my camera and very pregant self went flying and landed on the cement. I hurt my knee, toe, and ankle pretty bad...but luckily my camera still worked! I guess I don't have the best balance when I'm so pregnant!

Anyways, glad you were able to get a new one, because I love seeing all the beauitful pictures that you take.

Sorry I haven't emailed in a week or so...I will soon I promise!!

Love you guys!

Oh, and BTW, Macey's room is almost done! We are in the process of painting right now. :)

Unknown said...

so sorry to hear about your camera. shareen's advice might be something to think about!