Thursday, September 24, 2009

ANOTHER FUN DAY IN GERMANY

Monday we were lucky enough to have Rachelle Durtschi and little Julian drive us to Bayreuth to see the gardens.  This was once someone's amazing estate.  The grounds were partly manicured gardens and part was trails winding through the woods.  There were fountains and sculptures, and the main manor house.  They have tours, but only in German so we just walked around and enjoyed the sights.

Rachelle, Julian and Elder Toolson strolling through this amazing path-archway.

I wish I knew what these buildings were.  There was a little gift shop in one of them and a little cafe, but I did wonder what they were used for originally.


The outside of the buildings were covered with thee colored stones that sparkled.  It was really quite beautiful.
The above picture and the next few are of the fountains.  The water only shoots out on a scheduled time.  We were able to see both of them.



This is the back of the Manor House.  I saw some pictures of the inside and it looked amazing. Sometime I would like to go in, even if the tour is in German.

Just a touch of fall in the air.

Just relaxing waiting for the fountains to go off.  It was so kind of Rachelle to drive us.  She is always doing nice things for people.  She had just been to this garden the week before, but said she was happy to go again.  Bayreuth is not too far away, about 40 k.


3 comments:

Shareen said...

That looks so pretty. And I'm jealous of your touch of fall. That's so far away for me right now that I need to put it out of my mind. I sure hope we make it next summer because I'm collecting all kinds of places I'd like to see through your blog.

Shannon said...

That is beautiful! It would be worth going back for a tour in a few weeks, just to see all of those trees in full color. Like Shareen, I am adding this to my list of places to visit... :)

Unknown said...

that is another amazing spot for you to visit!