Saturday, October 31, 2009

A WELCOME HOME


During the next few weeks all the soldiers from Grafenwoehr that have bee in Iraq  this past year will be coming home.  They arrive home in shifts and started coming this past week.  When we were at the gym this morning, I noticed they were getting ready for a welcome home ceremony and thought that it would be nice to attend.  We have seven men from our ward who will be coming home.   This was a small group of about 30 returning.  This picture shows some of the family waiting for the soldiers to arrive. They have been gone for one year.


Marching in

A smart salute and then dismissed.

Families reunited.  It was nice to be there.  I hope we can come when some of the bigger groups come home.

4 comments:

becky said...

that would definatley be fun to watch the reunions. it's hard to imagine the emotions but I feel like I can relate in some way and can hardly wait for our families reunion, less than 10 months now!

Unknown said...

that brings a tear to my eye. ..
and also. . .happy birthday, mom!

Julia Kelly said...

that brings a tear to my eye as well!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday mom. I was thinking of you yesterday!
XOXO

Shannon said...

What an amazing experience to share; how wonderful that they are home in time for the holidays.

I am VERY late, but wishing you a happy birthday, too!