Monday, October 12, 2009

ALLES GUTE ZUM GEBURTSTAG


October 10th was Elder Aubrey's birthday so we had a little celebration.  We bought him a few of his favorite American treats.


Of course, we had to have a birthday cake--not a very fancy one.

But it had twenty-one candles, and he blew them all out.  However, I don't think his wish came true.  I don't know for sure what his wish was, but he wanted to stay here very badly so I thought that might have been his wish.  He will be transferred on Wednesday.  It will be hard to see him leave.  We have grown close to these Elders.  I hope they send us another good one.

3 comments:

Shareen said...

These elders' parents must be so grateful to have you guys there looking after their boys.

becky said...

I wish Brian had a nice couple to take care of him!! They are lucky.

Shannon said...

Saying goodbye to people you become attached to must be one of the hardest parts of a mission. I hope Paul and Joe have people like you to celebrate with them on their missions!