Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WATCHING AND EATING


Tuesday was our District Meeting with the Elders.  After our meeting at the church we came to our place for lunch.  (Shannon I fixed your recipe for the Alfredo Lasagna, and it was a big hit.)  I had stayed up Sunday night to watch conference and was so impressed with Elder Holland's talk.  The Elders were anxious to see it so we watched conference and ate Shannon's Lasagna.
His talk on the Book of Mormon was so powerful.  We were all very touched by it.  Maybe it is because we are all missionaries.  I hope you all heard it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i must have missed that talk. . .will have to check it out!

Shannon said...

I loved that talk, too. General Conference seemed extra uplifting this year, with so many testimonies of evidences of Heavenly Father's love for us.
I am glad the lasagna was a hit. :)

becky said...

Brian said that was his favorite too. I like Pres. Monson's and Erying talks.

Shareen said...

He certainly was passionate about his topic, that's for sure. Your conference-watching set-up does not look quite as cozy as back home. All for a good cause though, right.