Tuesday, October 27, 2009

OUR BIG WEEKEND


NURNBERG
]
Enjoy a few more pictures of Nurnberg. 


I can't get enough of the timbered buildings.


Cute, don't you think?


When we were in Nurnberg before my camera died and I didn't get pictures of the castle.  It is quite an impressive structure.  Inside the walls are many buildings, gardens, etc.



They were having some kind of a dog contest.  Some were in halloween costumes.


Coming soon to a theatre near you.  Yes, even to Nurnberg.


The dining room of the hotel we stayed in.  They served a very nice breakfast.


Have you ever seen an elevator for one?

Our hotel in Nurnberg.

BAMBERG, GERMANY

It is always hard to select which pictures to put on the blog.  I took lots.  But hopefully this will give you a bit of idea of this beautiful city.  This city was lucky in that it sustained virtually no damage during the war.  We were told that when the bombing was going on around the area that there was always a fog or heavy clouds over the area.  They claim angels we watching over the city.  I'm glad they were.


The river Regnitz around the old Town Hall built in 1440.



Beautiful paintings on the old Town Hall.


This is called Little Venice.  I really liked the colorful houses you can see along the shore.



Of course, a massive cathedral.  The present structure was finished in 1442.  How did they build such things back then?


Not too any roses left in the garden.  The one standing here looks a little like one of those wilted roses in the background!

I'm not sure what this is up on the hill.  We didn't go up, but it is very impressive.  We will still have plenty to see next time  There are several castles we missed.  Always more to see.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so i wonder why they would make an elevator for one?!
i would love to visit the fair and see all those amazing things there. that would be hard to resist!

Unknown said...

i mean bazaar, not the fair. . . just to clarify!

Shareen said...

What pretty little towns. I love that house over the river. I also like all those quirky European things like the elevators that seem way too small.

Shannon said...

I feel like I am always making the same comments on your blog, but it is hard to believe that architecture is real! It seems like something created by Disney! I am looking forward to seeing it for myself.
p.s. - love your new title picture!