Sunday, November 27, 2011

California Addendum


\

Shareen has covered our activities, but thought I would add a few additional pictures and comments.

Monday was Disneyland day with everyone else in California.  Monday was also Brian's and my 49th Wedding Anniversary.  We had quite a romantic celebration.  I went to Disneyland with the Eberles and Brian stayed home.  When I mentioned this to Shannon, she said, "I guess you both got to do what you wanted."  It was a fun day even with the crowds.  It was all lighted up for Christmas so it was beautiful at night.

I had to throw in a picture of my favorite castle.


 We had mixed weather while there.  We had several days of overcast, but days of nice sunshine.  The temperature was in the low 60's so can't complain about that.  We chose a sunny day to take a walk on the beach.



We had some delicious chicken teriyaki for lunch.  It tasted really good to me as I have not seen one teriyaki place in our area .


The pelican seemed to be enjoying this beautiful day as well.


Mike was the chef for Thanksgiving dinner.  He did the dressing, turkey and gravy.  It was nice to be able to sit back and watch.  That was definitely something to be thankful for.  Doesn't it look lovely?


We went to visit Landel on Tuesday.  He isn't doing very well.  He still lives there in his home and one of his granddaughters helps out some.  Eric thinks it won't be long until he will need additional care.

Shareen and I went to see Breaking Dawn.  I wasn't expecting much as the comments in the paper were not favorable.  However, we both liked it.  I give it a B+.

Shareen and I made a very brief trip to Walmart for their 10 pm sale Thanksgiving night.  It was a mad house and we got out of there quickly, went home to bed and passed up all the midnight store openings.
We got up in the morning and I think we hit a lull when the early shoppers were gone home to bed and the lazy ones were not up yet.  Anyway, it was quite pleasant.  We were home by noon.

We are back home now, and the weather is very pleasant here.  So, we will be around until we leave for Washington State.  By the way, where did November go?   I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

Oh, and of course it was great to see the pictures of beautiful baby, Audrey.  I really like that name.  Welcome to the family, Audrey.  Congratulations to David and Tiffany.

4 comments:

Shareen said...

What a fun week. We loved having you. Of course as soon as you go home it's 80 degrees and sunny. We had some pleasant weather with you, but I always wish the weather would show off its best for visitors.
And I was able to use our Walmart experience in my lesson today - about not being able to lust after the things of the world at the same time as having the love of God with us. I did not feel the love at Walmart.

becky said...

HAHA Shareen, you need to visit the Chelan Walmart, I don't know if there is another Walmart like it in the country. Rarely busy, clean and organized for the most part and hardly ever have lines! :) I still choose not to go, I wanted me but after being on my feet and going non stop for 12 hours just couldn't do it!

Shannon said...

Disneyland + the beach + teriyaki + the Eberles = a PERFECT vacation! I wish we could have joined you!

Shareen said...

Hi grandma! This is Anya! I like your post!I am am in third grade now!