Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BLESSINGS UPDATE


My gratitude list is a ways behind. I'll do my best to catch up.

2. Our trip to Branson with Bob and Corene was such fun. They were great company. I'm grateful for my siblings.


3. I'm so grateful for a brother who has always been an inspiration to me. He is a good person and inspires me to be better. The only book he brought to read on the trip was a Norwegian copy of the Book of Mormon.


4. and 5. The four of us got along great. So, I'm grateful for good times and good company. Also, notice the nice leather jacket I am wearing. I'm grateful for a wonderful husband who takes such good care of me.


6. I'm grateful for music, all kinds of music. On this trip we heard country, Irish tenors, Christmas music--all kinds. We were able to take a trip down memory lane and hear some of the great music from the 50's and 60's. Here we are with a poster of the group "The Platters". They had 35 number 1 hits. They gave us such great songs as "The Great Pretender" and "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" to name a few. They don't make music like that any more.

7. After being grateful for "The Platters" music, we found out they were only an imitation of the real group. The real group members are all probably dead by now. But I was still grateful they gave us a good show. I even got my picture taken with one of the group.



8. I'm greatly blessed to have Corene for a sister-in-law. We had lots of fun together.


9. I am amazed at the beauty of the country we live in. No matter where you are, you find beauty and amazing things to see and enjoy. This is the arch in St. Lewis.

10. I received a calling to teach Relief Society. Yes, I am grateful for it even if I am nervous about it. It has been a while since I have taught a class. Callings in the church are a blessing, and I have learned so much through the years from callings and from the people I was privileged to be associated with.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

It looks like you had such a fun trip! I am very impressed with Bob bringing a Norwegian BoM along. My dream mission is either serving in the brides room of the temple or doing a genealogy mission to Norway. (I think Kurt is dreaming of some place warmer!)

Shareen said...

I'm glad you guys got along so well together and got to see so many good shows.

becky said...

Sounds like fun! You look so good, your hair has grown a lot and I really like it the color it is too! Also love the jacket (and you look good in that green color) :)
love ya
and thanks for listening to me whine, pretty soon your not gonna answer your phone when you see it's me calling