Wednesday, July 22, 2009

NEW PICTURES


Maybe one of these days I will learn to put the pictures here in the order I want them, but these are a bit random.
On Tuesday we took a train to Nurnberg for District meeting.  We ended up having a bit of an adventure getting home.  The train stopped about half way home (some repair work on the track) so we had to get on a bus.  We were on the bus but the two Elders with us did not get on.  The bus went for a while and stopped. Some people were getting off to get on another bus.  We did not know which bus to take, but we found a lady who spoke English and she got us on the right bus.  I think we should have stayed with the Elders.  We did meet up again later.

This is just a picture I took when we were stopped waiting for a bus.  The country is beautiful here.  Everything is very green, much like the Northwest.  The weather reminds me of Seattle.  It has been cool and has a little bit of drizzle every day.  The people here are wondering when Summer is coming.  We had one hot day and it was very humid which was not to my liking so maybe cool is best.
All the Elders and one Sister in District.  Don't they look like nice young men?
Waiting for the train.
This is a landmark on the Post (it is actually called a garrison).  Whenever you see pictures of the garrison area, you usually see this landmark.
Monday is our P day.  We got out on the bikes.  I wondered if I could still ride a bike, but it all comes back.  Every morning now we get up and ride our bikes to the gym, exercise at their really nice gym and bike home and climb the stairs to our apartment.  It is a bit intimidating exercising when all the army guys are in there working out.  They all look like they are in great shape.

Below are some pictures our apartment.  Notice the cookies.  I made them for the District Meeting, which made me quite popular.



Auf Wiederschen

10 comments:

Shareen said...

Oh, everything looks so cute - the train, the towns. Mike is not getting out of taking me, even if he does hate flying with the girls. Is that your bedroom with the twin beds?

Unknown said...

it looks wonderful! so glad you have such a nice place to stay.

Linda Toolson said...

Yes, that is our bedroom. Besides the rooms, I showed you, we have an office, a laundry room and another extra room. There is plenty of space. However, only the one room with beds. For company we would have to get some a blow up mattress.

Julia Kelly said...

Your place is so nice! And like Shareen said, everything looks so cute and clean and we would love to see it in person!

becky said...

I love the twin beds! I'm glad you can still blog so we can see pictures as you go along.

Shannon said...

It still hasn't sunk in for me that you are in Germany. Your apartment looks very nice! Everything looks perfectly charming. Please keep the photos coming - each new post makes me even more excited to come visit you.

Shannon said...

Your apartment looks very nice. I had nothing like that in Bolivia!

It makes me laugh that you have twin beds.

Kurt

Unknown said...

mom- i have emailed you and dad like 4 or 5 times. . . are you not getting them? i am getting your emails, and I just click reply. besides just news around here, i have been asking for bob and corene's email, let you know about three times that I haven't had any luck with the i pod, and wondering if there is anywhere in particular you want me to pick up white shirts for dad? have you not heard from me at all since you have been gone??

Julia Kelly said...

Sorry I keep missing your calls! What is the best way to call you? Should I get a calling card? What time are you calling EST?

Love your long lost daughter

Shareen said...

Germany looks cool. How many people are you helping? Camille