Sunday, July 12, 2009

OUR MTC EXPERIENCE


My pictures are all in the wrong order.  Sorry.  But maybe you can get get the idea.  I thought this picture of all the book bags was interesting.  They missionaries all come in for lunch or dinner and drop their stuff here.
This is just a small portion of the missionaries eating.  Can you imagine fixing three meals a day for over 2,000 missionaries?
We had great food.  They always had three or four choices.  They always had a salad bar and fruit.  Always had peanut butter & jelly and this is for you, Joe.  They always had a cereal bar.
They always had cookies and several dessert choices.  It's good we were only there a week!
On Saturday we went to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple
Yes we are going to Germany.
This is part of the senior missionaries.  We were all trying to learn a language and met to have a testimony meeting using our new found skills. 
One of our language tutors.

We had a special week at the MTC.   We worked hard and were tired out, but came away feeling inspired to do all we can to do our part.  We are excited to board that airplane on Tuesday morning.  I have quite a few pictures to post so hope you don't seeing a little view of what we experienced.

As I said, everything is in the wrong order. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh what memories!!! I love that you took a picture of your food -- I totally have pictures of my MTC food. Especially cuz I was there for Christmas so I got a good pic of my Christmas dinner.

I miss you already!!! You look so good in your black nametags! I love you both so much! Germany doesn't know how lucky they are!!!

And PS -- Maria Ohsiek (Rank) had a baby yesterday! A healthy little baby boy -- no name yet... but she's doing great. So happy!

Shannon said...

Thank you for posting the pictures. When we were picking B and P up from EFY, we went to the Provo temple grounds for a bit. The missionaries were having exercise on the block below, and it made me tear up to see all of those young men and women willing to serve. Seeing the picture of all of the bags had the same effect.
And thank you for the good news about the salad bar; at least we know Joe will make it through the MTC without starving! :)

Shareen said...

I'm glad you had such a good week in the MTC, even down to the food.