Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday Weekend


We have two bunk beds in one of the downstairs bedrooms, and all five of the girls slept there.  On the first night of the sleep over, Shareen and Kristie put all the girls to bed.  I thought what a cute picture it would be to go down and see them all asleep.  When I walked in, there they were as you see them.  It did make a cute picture, but no luck in getting the girls to sleep.  I believe that night Anya and Mia were the last ones to go to sleep.  They had so much fun together and got along really well  with very few tears.

We  have quite a back yard for the kids to play in.  Out to the back are lots of trails, hills, rocks, all places to have fun exploring.  I don't know what to think about some of the outfits the girls have on.  I think they need some fashion advice.
Saturday afternoon Shareen, Kristie and I went on a hike in Snow Canyon.  It was called Three Ponds.  It was very beautiful and was about all the hike I needed.  We did a little rock climbing, trudging through sandy trails, etc.  However, I believe this picture below is just out back of our house.  Anya actually took this picture.  Not too bad!

Saturday night the girls helped to decorate the tree and even themselves.  It turned out quite nice with very little redecorating by me.  We really did have a nice time together--lots of eating, shopping, game playing and football watching by the guys.  Now Brian and I will enjoy a few days of quiet before we head out to West Virginia.  Look out Loraya and Isaac, here we come.

3 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

YEAH!!! we can't wait. I'm lonely now that all our company left. Glad that I have your visit to look forward to, otherwise I would probably be a little depressed.

Looks like you guys had a fun time. All the girls are so cute, bad outfits and all. :)

Unknown said...

what do you mean you don't like their outfits? they are stylin!

I have to say that anya is quite a photographer. that is not a bad photo at all.

your back yard is incredible! thanks so much for having all of us and all the work it took. have a great trip to julia.

Shannon said...

The girls are so cute... Luke too! When Joe saw that picture of Luke surrounded by the girls, he said "I should have been there!" He thought Luke needed a little support. :)