Thursday, March 4, 2010

UNEXPECTED KINDNESS




I Have had several unexpected surprises in the last few weeks.

First, visits from good friends. Steve and Dorene were here, and it was nice to see them. Dorene, her twin sister and I had lunch one day at Cafe Rio. And guess, what they went with me to get my ear pierced. I decided I needed something new.

Second, on Sunday afternoon we had a visit from Joyce and Farrell. It was good to laugh and share a afternoon with them.

Third, our neighbor, Danette, brought over a nice bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup and bread, plus dessert was cream puffs. Very nice. It is always good to eat someone's cooking.

Fourth, yesterday arriving home from my 3rd chemo session, there was a big box of Hawaiian flowers waiting for me. Denny and Diane (Shannon's parents) are in Hawaii, and it was so sweet of them to send the flowers. As you can see they are quite lovely. They are two of the most thoughtful people anywhere. But, I have been the recipient of lots of kindnesses lately.



5 comments:

Kurt Toolson said...

The flowers are beautiful... now how about a picture of you in your new earrings? :)

Shannon said...

That last comment was actually from me - Kurt hadn't signed out!

Julia Kelly said...

How fun that you got your ears pierced! Now can can go and buy lots of cute earrings! And those flowers are so pretty...how super nice! I'm glad you are being treated so well!
Miss you!!

Matthew said...

I thought that first comment from Kurt didn't sound quite like him....glad you have had some visitors. My parents enjoyed seeing you. Hope this week is going well.

Unknown said...

you need all the extra "sunshine" you can get right now!!
glad you have some things to help brighten your day:)
sending lots of love. . .