Sunday, February 21, 2010

HAVING A SENSE OF HUMOUR HELPS


Here are some benefits only chemo patients can enjoy!

No more spending money on expensive shampoo, conditioner, hair spray and other hair products.

Don't need to buy hair color.

I save time by not having to do any of the above.

I can take a 2 1/2 minute shower.

I save additional time not having to blow dry or style my hair.

I don't have to shave anywhere.

I have a good excuse to take a nap every afternoon.

I receive more cards, letters, packages and phone calls than anyone I know.

Brian buys me whatever I ask for. Last night he stood in a line for 45 minutes so I could have a frozen custard.

I can be quite a trendsetter wearing my hats and scarves because no one else does.
(Does that make me a trendsetter or a nerd?)

I don't cook unless I feel like it.

Brian can no longer "get in my hair!"

But is it worth it?

9 comments:

englishteacup said...

oh my that was so right. I have just finished chemo and you were right in every way, I got a new lap top and a cruise has been booked only cook when I want to. I have a wig as well as the scarf.How are you doing with your chemo how long have you been on it? it has worked realy well for me I started with colon cancer that had gone to my liver, only a little bit to go now. I am Shannons valentine friend so that is how I came across your blog. Yon are now on my prayer list.

Shannon said...

You have the best attitude of anyone I know! Hearing about all of the sweet things Dad T. does for you makes me love him even more. No wonder Kurt is so kind, with that example to follow.

Unknown said...

Way to be positive! And I am sure dad loves to pamper you any way he can.

becky said...

It will be worth it in the end when the doctor tells you your in remission!!! Way to go thinking up some positives about chemo although I sensed a little sarcasim there with a few... :)

Linda Toolson said...

to: englishteacup
Thanks for your comments. I am in treatment number 2 and will have a total of 6. Getting though a day at a time is about all anyone can do. Will you have radiation?

I wish you well in your recovery. Shannon has some nice friends.

Matthew said...

You two have always had a great sense of humor! May you and Brian be blessed much as you go through this. Best wishes.

Julia Kelly said...

I love your sense of humor! And I ditto Shannon's comment..you have the best attitude of anyone I know!

Shareen said...

Who'd have thought anyone could come up with such a long list? I'm so glad you are doing your best to keep up your positive attitude.

kelly said...

way to count your blessings linda!
and humor is so important.