Friday, August 7, 2009

VISITING AMBERG

Monday on P day we took a short trip to Amberg.  All of these cities seem to be quaint and interesting.  


All the produce looked very nice and fresh.  When I have shopped in the German grocery stores the produce doesn't look so good.
Every way you turn is a picture taking moment.
We went in two very different churches.  This was had huge paintings all around the walls and on the ceiling.
It had life size sculptures figures.  These were two of the 12 apostles.  It was very beautiful.
The other church was equally beautiful in a different way.  This church had many wonderful stained glass windows.  These are just two of them.




Our nice Elders at our apartment for lunch on Tuesday.
I think of Elder Richardson when we are with them.  The taller Elder is from Germany.  He said he was disappointed when he got his mission call to Germany.  He wanted to go to England.  There are quite a few German nationals here, but more from the USA.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I just can't get enough of the pictures of buildings with flower baskets in front of the windows! Everything looks so beautiful. I am sure the elders love coming to your home.

Shareen said...

I'm loving seeing your pictures & dreaming of what I'm going to see next year!

Unknown said...

how lucky are you to have these neat places to go visit?? It looks wonderful. And I bet those elders are very happy to have you around to feed them!!

becky said...

I agree with Shannon, everything just looks like it was set up perfect for a picture. It's hard to believe that is just how it is there. Big difference in the streets there and in Pateros, haha. Oh well, I guess we have to appreciate the beauty wherever we are right! But it is fun to see the pictures...