Saturday, May 2, 2009

WOMEN'S CONFERENCE AT BYU CAMPUS

I know you have seen this picture or one like it on Kristie's blog, but I had to add it to mine also.  It was such a fun experience to go to Women's Conference at BYU with Kristie.  I had never been, but it certainly won't be the last time for me.  The theme was "Strength in the Lord".  It really gave me a spiritual boost.  I would say the main theme was as women we need to be strong and faithful and raise a righteous generation.  "In the strength of the Lord, I can do all things" was really stressed.  Each of YOU can make a difference in your sphere of influence.  The Lord will give us strength to get through our trials, and we will be a better person because of them if we meet them with faith and trust in the Lord.  (Sorry,  I got carried away) . 
As Kristie also mentioned, we participated in this fun service project.  It was just one of many that they had arranged.  I can't imagine all the planning that went into these projects.  They had quilts, dolls, puppets, tutu's, baby fleece blankets, hygene kits, to name a few.  This is a shot of some of the ladies working diligently on their project.  It was fun to be part of it.
This is my good friend, Amy Springer.  She was in our ward when Brian was bishop of the University Ward.  She is just an amazing person.  She has friends in high places and was on the committee for Women's Conference.  She was also one of the speakers and did a fabulous , amazing job.  Isn't she just the cutest!  Why some wonderful, handsome guy hasn't snapped her up and married her is just beyond me.  Maybe she is just too good for all of them!
This is a picture of Mia giving Brian and I "the look".  She seldom talks to us.  Once in a while, if we are lucky we might get a smile.  But usually she gives us "the look".  However, she doesn't run away from us now, and since Brian did tend her a few times while we were at Women's Conference, she has warmed up to him.  I hope she will be able to remember us so we won't have to start over in 18 months.  She is a sweet little girl and was an angel for Brian to tend.  Kristie tells us she is not so quiet and easy going with her.

4 comments:

Shareen said...

Glad you had the chance for this inspirational weekend, especially since you'll be leaving off to serve so soon. Being part of that service project seems so fun to me. And I'm curious if Mia is going to still be able to give her "look" when she's a teen - maybe to unworthy boys instead of her grandparents.

Unknown said...

that picture of mia totally cracks me up! silly girl.
thanks for getting me involved in the project and getting me to at least a little of the conference.

becky said...

the pictures of the princess crowns and magic wands were so cute on Kristies blog. What an amazing idea to give to little girls in the hospital, I can just picture how much they would LOVE those.

Shannon said...

It sounds like an amazing conference. Thanks for posting the review - I wonder if some of the talks are on the church web site? Those are things I can definitely use a reminder of frequently.
The service project looks like it was lots of fun!