Saturday, February 7, 2009

PEACE BE UNTO YOU

Like Shannon, we had a Women's Conference on Thursday evening.  Ardeth Kapp was the featured speaker.  I was quite touched by her words and have thought about "peace" the last few days.  The Savior said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth...".  In the verse before he is telling his apostles that he will give them the "Comforter", which is the Holy Ghost.  This is the way to have peace in our hearts when all around is confusion.
Again the Savior told us " ... in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall tribulation: (we certainly know this) but be of good cheer I have overcome the world."

James E. Faust said, "A conviction that you are a daughter of God gives you a feeling of comfort (peace).  It means that you can find strength in the balm of Christ.  It will help you meet the heartaches and challenges with faith and serenity."

Today I read this scripture in Philippians which goes along with what I have been thinking.
Phil 4: 11 ". . .I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  Wouldn't this bring peace if we could be content with ourselves right now.  A comment was made at the meeting when Sister Kapp was asked the question "How are you?"  She said, "I am better than I was, but not as good as I am going to be tomorrow. "  She also said, "The world will not get better, but we will get better."  I like that.

One more scripture.  Phil. 4:13 'I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

I am going to try harder to have the Holy Spirit with me more often.  Let us try for peace in our minds and hearts.



4 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Thanks for this mom.

Unknown said...

glad you had such inspiration and were willing to share it. something i need to work on as well.

Shannon said...

What great insights... I really like the thought about being better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow. That is my goal; to just keep moving forward. And knowing that I am a daughter of Heavenly Father, and that he loves me, definitely is a source of peace.
See you in a few days! :)

Amy said...

Wow! Thanks Sister Toolson! You're awesome! And so is Sister Kapp! I'm jealous you got to hear her! Wish I was with you -- so I could've been with you AND her! Love you!!!