Friday, April 8, 2011

My obsession with shoes!


This is my collection of shoes:

 Black Rockports - 6+ years old- worn on Sundays, Member LC on Tuesday and Wednesday PM, Temple on Thursday and Home Teaching.

Brown Bostonians - purchased same day as Rockports - what was I thinking!  I have a brown suit that is too small in the waist so these remain buried in the closet most of the time.

Brown Slippers - These replaced a pair of slippers that I had for close to 10 years - these are worn inside night and day and sometimes to Costco, Taco Bell, In 'n Out and Subway.

White Walking shoes - worn outside every day - these match my levis perfectly - all 4 pair of them - My wife gets upset when I wear these to the garden and they get soiled but rinsing with garden hose makes them look like new.

These meet my needs perfectly - I did not pass on any shoe DNA to my progeny!

Your loving father!

4 comments:

becky said...

very funny dad! I will just add a couple comments, first of all according to Clinton and Stacey from "what not to wear" slippers should NEVER be worn outside the house, second you could wear those brown shoes with your levis to dress them up a bit and third you could have 2 pair of tenneshoes, one for walking/everyday stuff and the other for the garden and other outside jobs. So I think you need to go buy a cool new pair of tenneshoes and leave the old ones for the garden :)

Shannon said...

Oh gosh, this has me laughing out loud! You may have passed your genetics on to Kurt... the only shoes he really gets excited about are running shoes. :)

Julia Kelly said...

Hmmm, I get the feeling I'm being mocked just a little bit.

So, what you are saying is I inherited this from mom huh? :)

And I agree with Becky. Go buy a new pair of tennies. :)

Kurt Toolson said...

I have to say this is pretty funny.

Don't take it personally Julia. I can think of several other women in the family this relates to as well.