Thursday, December 9, 2010

THINKING OF YOU

I hope you all are having fun getting ready for Christmas. I finished the decorating earlier this week. I feel badly that the tree has to be downstairs. We aren't down there very much. But, when company arrives then it will get to take center stage.

We enjoyed the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It seemed strange to be able to watch it at home and not go to the church. I thought it was especially inspiring, and a good way to start the month of December.

What are you doing to keep focused on the Savior this season?, Reading the scriptures and reading Christmas stories are two of my favorites.

Earlier this week we woke up to rain. When I got up it was clearing but the clouds were hanging around the mountains and looking so beautiful.

Tonight I looked out just as the sun was setting, and the sun shinning on the mountain was so awesome. There is something beautiful every day to enjoy. I have enjoyed your pictures of the snow. Isn't is nice that we all have beautiful scenery to enjoy. Now we also have all the lights of Christmas to help us remember the "Light of the World".

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures and tree! And for the reminder of what we should be focusing on. I just reread President Uchtdorf's conference talk today - "Of Things That Matter Most." I must need a lot of reminding! ;)

becky said...

ditto to Shannon, I love the pictures! We are almost done decorating except for outside lights, I hope tomorrow!

Unknown said...

wow. that is majestic!
we are trying to keep focused on what truely matters this time of year.