Sunday, January 24, 2010

TEN THINGS THAT MAKE BRIAN HAPPY!

At the risk of being humiliated - this is an old mans view of life!

These are not in a prioritized order.

#1. Good health - even with concerns about Linda's health I am confident she will be OK.

#2. Good marriage - Who can find a virtuous woman? I did! Her price is far above rubies and the heart of her husband doth safely trust in her.

#3. Children that are good people and good parents - I worry very little about my grandchildren.

#4. Grandchildren who are bright, righteous and kind to others - especially their grandpa. It doesn't hurt that they are all good looking - I would compare mine with anyone.

#5. A comfortable home - I love sitting in my chair in the computer room with the sunshine coming through the window, reading the sports section of the newspaper or trying to finish the crossword puzzle.

#6. Getting my hair cut - I have found a barber that takes his time, is gentle and wears a CTR ring - he gets a nice tip!

#7. In and Out Burger - my palate is not very discriminating but I do love food that is basic, tasty and cheap.

#8. Reading a good book - this can take many venues but nothing beats good history and with lots of time and effort I have come to enjoy and appreciate the scriptures.

#9. Visits from family - you are welcome at anytime.

#10. Having adequate financial resources so we can enjoy life and help others.


6 comments:

Shareen said...

A post from Dad! Another very good list. I'm going to have a hard time coming up with something new. And quoting scripture/poetry (don't you think Proverbs is like poetry?) to describe your wife earns you many romantic husband points I think.

Unknown said...

I love both your lists of happy things. . . i wish i could sit in you sunny spot by the window right now! it would feel so good!

Matthew said...

I think my list is shaping up to be similar....except I'll wait a few years for the first grandchild. In-in-out just came to my neighborhood and the lines are finally starting to die down enough for me to be tempted - it's only taken 2 months or so.

Shannon said...

I am so excited that you did this!!! :) Ditto to Shareen's comment about "romantic husband points" and Kristie's comment about wishing she could sit in your sunny spot.

Vanesa said...

Dear Bishop and Sister Toolson,

It was so great to find your blog via Amy's (Springer). Wonderful lists, by the way. Nothing beats the simple things in life. :) And Sister Toolson, feel better soon!
Love,

Andrew and Vanesa

Julia Kelly said...

That view from your back window makes me happy! So beautiful! I miss those sunny St. George days. It has been snowing here today. I do like that sunny spot of yours!