Thursday, April 2, 2009

IT'S HERE!


We walked together down to the mailbox and there was the letter we had been waiting for.
 We walked back to the house and with shaking fingers opened the letter together.  There was a separate letter for each of us signed by President Monson.  How special.


"You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the GERMANY MUNICH/AUSTRIA mission.  Your primary assignment is to labor in the Katterbach Kaserne Military Installation as a military training base missionary.  It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months."

Well, there it is.  Just what we hoped for.  It is very exciting and emotional all at once.   Now it is time to get nervous!  This is something we have planned on doing for a long time so it is a dream come true.  We love the Lord and are so happy to be able to do something to be of service after all the blessings we have receive.  

 

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations. I am very happy for you. I think you guys will do great although it will be very strange not having you around for a whole 18 months.

We will definitely plan on coming to visit.

From Kurt

Unknown said...

i am really excited for you! but of course it is with mixed emotions. you will be missed around here. but you will be some great missionaries. the people in germany are lucky to have you.

eberle said...

I'm excited to be there soon to discuss everything in person. Congratulations.

becky said...

Now I'll have two missionaries to write too!! Hopefully your phone calls are a little more flexible than Brian's twice a year. I am curious exactly what your duties will be. Congratulations.

Julia Kelly said...

I love you! Thank you for setting an example to each of us and having the faith and courage to do what the lord asks of you.

I have mixed emotions as well. I will miss you! But, I know that because of you serving the lord you will be blessed and all of us will be blessed as well.

Amy said...

Oh My Goodness!!! So super exciting!!! I'm thrilled for you and know you will be such a wonderful influence there -- you always have been wherever you go! I love you so much and I'm thrilled for you!!!!

Shannon said...

Congratulations - I was so excited to get your phone call! Of course we will miss you, but so appreciate the good example you are setting for us and the kids. Love you both.

(and looking forward to visiting you!)